Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cherry Muffins (Two Variations) - Gluten Free


Happy 4th of July my gluten free friends! My cherry tree has blessed me with an abundance of gorgeous, sweet fruit this summer. I decided to use some of my harvest to make these two beautiful cherry muffin recipes for the 4th of July holiday. I am confident that these recipes will also please the cherry lovers in your family, anytime of year!



Cherry Banana Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free

2 1/2 cups Pamela's Wheat Free Baking and Pancake Mix (I buy the 4 lb. bags in bulk from amazon.com to save money)


3/4 cup water


1/2 cup sugar


2 eggs


2 teaspoons vanilla extract


1 cup mashed ripe bananas


1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted & chopped


1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except cherries) together. Carefully fold in cherries until just evenly distributed. Spoon into muffin pan lined with paper baking cups, until nearly full. Bake on center rack of oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 muffins.

Enjoy!
Cinde :)

Recipe posted by Cinde at: http://www.glutenfreetasteofhome.blogspot.com/

*Adapted from a recipe by Pamela's Products


Sparkling Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins - Gluten Free

2 1/2 cups Pamela's Wheat Free Baking and Pancake Mix (I buy the 4 lb. bags in bulk from amazon.com to save money)


3/4 cup water


1/2 cup sugar


2 eggs


2 teaspoons vanilla


1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted & chopped


1/2 cup chocolate chips


Coarse decorating sugar, for topping (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except cherries, chocolate chips and coarse decorating sugar) together. Carefully fold in cherries and chocolate chips until just evenly distributed. Spoon into muffin pan lined with paper baking cups, until nearly full. Sprinkle with coarse decorating sugar. Bake on center rack of oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 muffins.

Enjoy!

*Adapted from a recipe by Pamela's Products














































6 comments:

  1. If I had to choose, I'd go for the chocolate version...I love cherries and chocolate! I love the patriotic cupcake papers, too. What a great way to celebrate Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I'm so glad you are enjoying your cherry tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinde,

    Again, loving your photos. Those muffins look so yummy and easy to make too.

    Love bananas and cherries sooo much too! :)

    Hope you had a great 4th! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amy. :) By the way, I order my seasonal cupcake liners from Wilton's website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Wendy. :) You wouldn't believe how many cherries my tree gave us! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet Jen... thank you. :) I hope you and your family had a fun 4th as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Button and signature by Blogger Boutique.