Monday, October 19, 2009

Gluten Free So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt, Kefir, Ice Cream, & Beverage




Coconut... oh the possibilities! Not just for dessert anymore, coconut is fast becoming a favorite food of health conscious consumers everywhere. A natural foods company by the name of Turtle Mountain offers So Delicious Coconut Milk products. Their unique product line of coconut milk products includes yogurt, kefir, ice cream and beverages that are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and vegan.


I had the pleasure (and yes, it was truly a pleasure!) to sample some fantastic coconut milk products courtesy of Turtle Mountain, so I could share my opinion of them with you. I was more than interested in reviewing these products... I couldn't wait! I have been trying to cut down on my dairy intake, and was hoping that the So Delicious Coconut Milk products would help me do that.





The first product I tried was the So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt. It was smooth and creamy, and had all of the flavor and texture you would expect to find in yogurt, but with no gluten, dairy, soy or animal products (some companies put gelatin in their yogurt!). I love the health benefits of yogurt... the live active cultures it contains are so good for us! I was happy to find a way to reap those benefits and add additional benefits from the coconut.


So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt is available in Plain, Blueberry, Raspberry, Vanilla, Strawberry Banana, Passionate Mango, Pina Colada, Strawberry, and Chocolate. I have tried all but the chocolate (which they don't carry near my home), and I think they taste wonderful. My favorites are the Passionate Mango, Pina Colada, and Raspberry.


Turtle Mountain has this to say regarding the health benefits of coconut:

"For centuries coconut has been a staple for cultures around the world. Tradition attributes healing and life-giving properties to the coconut, which is why the palm is often called, "Tree of Life". In Western society, the health benefits of coconuts are just beginning to be understood. The mystery appears to be in the type of fats found in coconut milk, namely Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA). MCFA's such as lauric and capric acid are recognized for their anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Unlike long chain fatty acids, which are stored in the body as fat, MFCA's are utilized as energy in the body."


I have always loved coconut... now I can actually feel good about eating it!

Chock full probiotics, So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir is now a staple in my refrigerator. Kefir is basically a drinkable yogurt, usually made from cows milk. Now we can have gluten free, dairy free, vegan, kefir that tastes great and offers a great number of health benefits.

Check this out...

So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir:

Enhances the immune system

Stimulates digestion

Controls the spread of harmful yeast overgrowth

Lowers cholesterol

Protest against cancer

Because the So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir is also rich in medium chain fatty acids (MFCA's) it:

Protects against heart disease, cancer, and other degenerative diseases

Helps those with digestive diseases

Provides energy to the body instead of being stored as fat

Offers anti-viral/anti-microbial properties that strengthen the immune system and enhance intestinal health

Gluten Free, naturally cholesterol free, soy free, and dairy free So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir is available in original, vanilla and strawberry. I prefer the strawberry for drinking straight, and use the Vanilla and plain in smoothies.

Of all of the coconut products that my family tried, the So Delicious Coconut Milk Cookie Dough Ice Cream created the most excitement. It is GLUTEN FREE (when was the last time you had cookie dough ice cream??), dairy free and soy free. My kids and I nearly cried tears of joy when we were eating this. I adored watching my 7 year old who has Celiac Disease dance around the kitchen after taking her first bite of gluten free cookie dough ice cream since her Celiac Disease diagnosis, 2 years ago.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice cream comes in 8 rich and decadent gluten free flavors: Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Cookie Dough, Mint Chocolate Chip, Coconut, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Mocha almond Fudge, and Passionate Mango. All are made with organic coconut milk instead of dairy or soy milk, and contain fewer calories, less sugar and even less fat than most super premium ice creams. All of that and gluten free to boot! Yippee!!

I have been thrilled with the So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage! I no longer use cows milk in my cereal, and have also started using it with great success in many baked goods recipes that call for milk. This is the perfect option for people who are dairy free, soy free, and vegan. it has a smooth, naturally rich and creamy taste, with out tasting overwhelmingly like coconut.

I was amazed at the versatility and neutral flavor of the So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage. I have tried nearly every cow's milk alternative on the market and this is my favorite without a doubt. It comes in Plain, Vanilla, and Unsweetened flavors. I drink the Unsweetened, but have also tried and enjoyed the Plain flavor.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage is made with organic coconut milk and fortified with essential nutrients such as Calcium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Vitamin B-12. the beverage is also naturally cholesterol free and contains no gluten , soy, or dairy, making this a fabulous choice of a milk alternative!

Turtle Mountain is proud to offer healthy, delicious foods dairy free foods made from coconut. they also know the importance of giving back. Turtle Mountain is dedicated to giving back to the environment. As a sponsor of the Sea Turtle Restoration Project (STRP) they provide much needed funds to help save the shrinking habitat of sea turtles.

Ready to go Coconut? You can find Turtle Mountain's extensive line of So Delicious Coconut Milk products at Whole Foods and other natural food retailers.
















































4 comments:

  1. Hi Cinde! I'm very much in love with all of these Turtle Mountain coconut milk products, too. And they just keep coming out with delicious new things all the time. The new coconut milk creamer is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, quite a lot of coconut love there! I really enjoy the So Delicious coconut beverage now. The other products are excellent (not a huge fan of the kefir), but don't make it into my weekly grocery routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,

    Thanks for stopping by! I have not tried the creamer because I rarely (to never)drink coffee, but if I did I would surely try the So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer.

    Cheers!
    Cinde :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alisa!

    Welcome to Gluten Free Taste of Home. You are right... there is a lot of coconut love here. :)
    Like you, I also love the So Delicious Coconut Milk products!

    Cheers!
    Cinde :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Button and signature by Blogger Boutique.