If you miss eating flat bread since going gluten free (like me!), or are looking for a change from your usual gluten free bread I suggest you try gluten free Sandwich Petals. I know what you might be thinking right about now... PETALS? Yes, petals! These amazingly pliable gluten free flat breads have an oval shape, similar to a flower petal (makes sense now, yes?). If you are curious and would like to taste them, be sure to enter my Sandwich Petals GIVEAWAY! I am thrilled to announce that (3) lucky Gluten Free Taste of Home followers will each win (3) packages of gluten free Sandwich Petals (one package of each flavor, 12 per pack)!
About Sandwich Petals:
- Available in 3 delicious flavors: spinach Pesto Garlic, Chimayo Red Chile, and Agave Grain
- 10 grains: a proprietary blend of milled and whole grains containing Corn, Flax, Sesame, Buckwheat, Brown Rice, Sorghum, millet, Quinoa, Teff, and Amaranth
- Versatile: Use for Paninis, Lasagna, cold or grilled sandwiches, wraps, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, desserts
- Omega 3's NuMega (TM) pharmaceutical grade micro-encapsulated and naturally occurring from Flaxseed; full effective dose per petal makes them heart healthy, earning them the claim of "excellent source of Omega 3"
- Prebiotics: Nutraflora (TM) High performance fiber that improves that improves digestive system health by feeding your digestive system the nutrients to produce healthy bacteria
- Organic Agave Nectar: natural sweetener, delivers a lower glycemic response (lower rise in blood sugar levels) than honey
- High Fiber: 3 grams of fiber per petal, 12% of daily recommend intake
- No Freezing required: shelf stable for 30 days without refrigeration
- Virtually allergen free: Contains NO dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut, shellfish, soy, wheat (does contain fish; a portion of the omega 3's are from tuna oil)
My 2 Cents:
I really loved the fact that all (3) flavors of Sandwich Petals tasted fantastic! Each was unique in its own way. My favorite was the Agave Grain! I used the petals in many ways: folded in half or rolled up to contain sandwich fillings, to hold burrito filling, and for quesadillas. After quickly heating them for 30 seconds as the package recommended, they were completely pliable and ready for bending or rolling. In my opinion the taste and texture can best be described as the cross between flatbread and artisan tortillas. My favorite thing about Sandwich Petals (beside the great taste) was the fact that they do not require refrigeration or freezing; they are shelf stable for 30 days! That is good news for my freezer which is full from holding too many gluten free products!
Order Sandwich Petals online direct and save on the Sandwich Petals website.
I am GIVING AWAY (3) packages of gluten free Sandwich Petals (one of each flavor) to (3) lucky Gluten Free Taste of Home FOLLOWERS. Retail value: $25.00
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY (mandatory):
Become a Gluten Free Taste of Home follower (must follow PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect in the side bar of this website) AND visit the Sandwich Petals website and subscribe to their newsletter (click on "NEWSLETTER" in the left sidebar of the Sandwich Petals website); LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you are now following Gluten Free Taste of Home PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect, AND also tell me that you subscribed to the Sandwich Petals newsletter. (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRIES: (each entry comment must be entered separately to be a valid entry):
1) Follow Sandwich Petals on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. LEAVE ME A COMMENT with the link. MAXIMUM 1 tweet/RT per hour please! (1 entry per tweet/RT)
2) Visit the recipes page of the Sandwich Petals website; LEAVE ME A COMMENT with the name of a recipe you would like to try using Sandwich Petals. (1 entry)
3) Vote for my Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts AND my Gluten Free Vegetarian Spring Roll Recipe in the Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook contest (click on the Foodista "Vote for me" buttons for BOTH recipes; you will find the buttons in the sidebar of this website, not far from the top.) LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you have placed your votes for BOTH of my recipes ON THE FOODISTA WEBSITE. (3 entries)
4) Grab my Freebie Fairy button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code for my button from the sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
5) Blog about this giveaway linking it back to my Freebie Fairy website AND the Sandwich Petals website. Please LEAVE ME A COMMENT with THE LINK TO YOUR POST or it will not count. (5 entries)
6) Follow me on Twitter and tweet the giveaway; LEAVE ME A COMMENT with the link. MAXIMUM 1 tweet/RT per hour please! (1 entry PER tweet/RT)
7) Follow my Freebie Fairy giveaway & product review website PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (in the right hand sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website) and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
8) Grab my Gluten Free Taste of Home button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code in the side bar of my Gluten Free Taste of Home website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
*GIVEAWAY OPEN TO US ONLY*
Giveaway ends on Friday, February 26, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. PST (late entries will not be posted). Winners will be selected by random.org. Winners will be notified by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond before new winners are selected.
*REMEMBER... please leave your e-mail address with EACH entry so I can contact you if you win.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I was not compensated for this review; I received complimentary Sandwich Petals for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Best of luck!