Doctors Vikki and Richard Petersen, founders of the celebrated HealthNOW method have released their book, The Gluten Effect. I really enjoyed this book because of the interesting insights shared by the authors. As the mother of a child with Celiac Disease, I thought I knew a lot about the effects of Gluten on the body. The Gluten Effect broadened my horizons and opened my eyes to the fact that Gluten could be responsible for more health problems that you can possibly imagine. Would you like to read it and find out more? Here is your chance to win a copy! I am GIVING (2) lucky Gluten Free Taste of Home followers a copy of The Gluten Effect!
“The Drs. Petersen have cracked open a world hidden from view but one that causes untold suffering for millions. The Gluten Effect is a remarkable window into the innumerable ways in which gluten— that sticky little molecule found in bread and hidden in so many other places—can cause everything from autism to dementia, from depression to psoriasis and so much more. If you have nagging symptoms that just don’t go away, and you have no idea where they come from, you may be suffering from the gluten effect. This book can save your life!”—Mark Hyman, M.D., New York Times best-selling author of UltraMetabolism, The UltraSimple Diet and The UltraMind Solution.
You can purchase The Gluten Effect at the HealthNow online store.
I am giving (2) Gluten Free Taste of Home FOLLOWERS a copy of The Gluten Effect by the Drs. Peterson.
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY (mandatory):
Become a Gluten Free Taste of Home follower (must follow PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect in the side bar of this website) AND visit the Understanding Gluten Sensitivity page on the HealthNow website; LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you are now following Gluten Free Taste of Home PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect, AND also tell me the name of a condition that can be caused by gluten sensitivity, that you discovered on your visit to the Gluten Sensitivity page of the HealthNow website. (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRIES: (each entry comment must be entered separately to be a valid entry):
1) Vote for my Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts AND my Gluten Free Vegetarian Spring Roll Recipe in the Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook contest (click on the Foodista "Vote for me" buttons for BOTH recipes; you will find the buttons in the sidebar of this website, not far from the top.) LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you have placed your votes for BOTH of my recipes ON THE FOODISTA WEBSITE. (5 entries)
2) Grab my Freebie Fairy button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code for my button from the sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
3) Blog about this giveaway linking it back to my Freebie Fairy website AND the Gluten Effect page of the HealthNow website. Please LEAVE ME A COMMENT with THE LINK TO YOUR POST or it will not count. (5 entries)
4) Follow me on Twitter and tweet the giveaway; LEAVE ME A COMMENT with the link. MAXIMUM 1 tweet/RT per hour please! (1 entry PER tweet/RT)
5) Follow my Freebie Fairy giveaway & product review website PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (in the right hand sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website) and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
6) Grab my Gluten Free Taste of Home button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code in the side bar of my Gluten Free Taste of Home website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (2 entries)
*GIVEAWAY OPEN TO US & CANADA*
Giveaway ends on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. PST (late entries will not be posted). Winners will be selected by random.org. I will announce the winners by February 13, 2010. Winners will be notified by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond before new winners are selected.
*REMEMBER... please leave your e-mail address with EACH entry so I can contact you if you win.
*I did not receive compensation for this review; I did receive a copy of The Gluten Effect courtesy of Dr. Vikki Peterson for review purposes. All opinions expressed in this review are solely my own; others who read this book may have different opinions.
Best of luck!