Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chili Garlic Snack Mix - Gluten Free


Hooray! Another easy and delicious Chex snack mix recipe. Can one ever really have enough Chex mix? Not in my house! My whole family loves it. My hubby munches on some whenever he happens to pass by it... it's hard to resist! The kids love to take it to school for a snack, and they also reach for it when watching movies at home. Me? I eat it anytime... I am always up for a tasty snack. This makes such a large amount that we can enjoy a batch for a whole week. Give it a try. It has a wonderful savory flavor with just the right amount of chili powder to give it a mild kick. Trust me though, it isn't too spicy for kids. My kids are very picky eaters and they all enjoy it. :) I added more peanuts than the original recipe on the Chex box called for and I think it is even better now. Let me know how you like it!

Chili and Garlic Snack Mix

8 cups Gluten Free Corn OR Rice Chex Cereal
1 bag (3 oz) butter flavor microwave popcorn, popped
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder

Heat oven to 300 degrees F. In very large bowl, mix cereal. popcorn and peanuts. Drizzle with oil; toss until evenly coated.

In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over cereal mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Spread cereal mixture in ungreased large roasting pan.

Bake uncovered 15 minutes, stirring once. spread on waxed paper to cool, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container. Yield: 32 servings (1/2 cup each)

Was that easy, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Button and signature by Blogger Boutique.