I am a baking maven... any excuse to bake works for me! I am always on the look-out for gluten free baking products that help make baking tasty treats for my family and friends a "piece of cake" (forgive the pun, I couldn't help myself!). ;-) Even though I love baking, I don't have a lot of free time to dedicate to it (chances are you don't either). This is why I get so excited about companies like Better Batter; they have figured out how to mix up the perfect Gluten Free Flour, Gluten Free Pancake & Biscuit Mix, and Gluten Free Fudge Brownie Mix. The results of baking with Better Batter products are phenomenal, the taste is spot-on, and they save me time!
The Gluten Free Flour from Better Batter was designed to replace regular all-purpose flour cup for cup in your favorite recipes. I made a delicious Coconut Cake on Easter using Better Batter's Gluten Free Flour, and my whole family loved it! The cake was moist, had a delicate crumb, and tasted wonderful. I also made a few snack cakes with equally successful results. I am so impressed with this flour! I recommend that everyone try Better Batter Gluten Free Flour, it is a real winner in my book.
Pancakes are a Saturday morning favorite at my house; usually my kids start pleading with me to make them as soon as I wake up. I am happy to make them pancakes if I have a good mix to speed up the process. I had been faithfully using a leading brand of gluten free pancake mix with good results, until my daughter recently needed to stop eating dairy products. Because the other mix contained dairy, I had to discontinue using it. I wondered if I would ever find another gluten free pancake mix that my whole family liked, that was also dairy free. Better Batter to the rescue! Take a look at the photo of Better Batter's Gluten Free pancakes (above)... YUM! Yes, they really do cook up that light and fluffy! My family likes the Better Batter pancakes better than the previous pancakes I had been making, because of their light texture. I can't wait to whip up some biscuits with this mix... maybe tonight!
Ahhh... brownies. When done right, there are few baked goods that appeal to more people. What's not to love? Brownies can be fudgy, moist, rich, and decadent OR they can be dry, gritty, rock-hard and inedible; it all depends on the mix or recipe you use. I hate to say that I have tried some brownie mixes in the past that were not up to par. I am happy to report that my first bite of brownie made using Better Batter's Gluten Free Fudge Brownie Mix was pure bliss! I have just two words for you: SUPER FUDGY! My family prefers our brownies fudgy, sometimes we even slightly under bake our brownies to achieve a fudgier texture. With Better Batter's Gluten Free Brownie Mix, no under baking is necessary; the brownies come out perfect when baked as directed! My kids have proclaimed the Better Batter Brownies as "The best gluten free brownies they have ever had." Try them for yourself... you'll see.
Better Batter Gluten Free Flour was created by Naomi Poe; I love the story of how Better Batter was born...
"She wanted a flour that would work in her mom’s old recipes, look right, and taste right. The alternative — having to do something resembling either a lab experiment or a religious ceremony for something simple like chocolate chip cookies (five flours, two specialty ingredients, and prayer that the recipe would actually work) — wasn’t an option any more.
One late night, she threw up a desperate prayer to the Almighty and went to bed. That night she had a dream. In it, she was mixing up a formula for a new kind of flour. Waking up, she took this idea – this formula – and literally ran down to the kitchen, concocted the flour mix, and made her mom’s famous apple pie.
Better Batter Gluten Free Flour was born! A friend liked it so much she offered to buy it. Word spread, and the company’s been growing ever since!"
WOW... I think it is so neat that the recipe for Better Batter Gluten Free Flour came to Naomi in a dream! Keep on dreaming Naomi! I cant wait to see what you come up with next. :)
Receive reduced shipping on case lots, and wholesale prices for bulk flour purchases when purchasing directly from the Better Batter website, or click here for a list of retailers.
I am GIVING (1) Gluten Free Taste of Home follower a Better Batter Complete Sampler (contains: 2.5 lb. flour, 2.5 lb. pancake & biscuit mix, and (2) fudge brownie mixes) Retail value $37.00.
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY (mandatory):
1) Become a Gluten Free Taste of Home follower (must follow PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect in the side bar of this website) AND visit the recipes page on the Better Batter website; LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me that you are now following Gluten Free Taste of Home PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect, AND also tell me the name of a recipe you would like to try that you found on the Better Better website. (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRIES: (each entry comment must be entered separately to be a valid entry):
2) Follow Better Batter on Twitter. (1 entry)
3) Blog about this giveaway linking it back to my Gluten Free Taste of Home website AND to the Better Batter website. Please LEAVE ME A COMMENT with THE LINK TO YOUR POST or it will not count. (3 entries)
4) Grab my Freebie Fairy button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code for my button from the sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (1 entry)
5) Follow me on Twitter AND tweet the giveaway; LEAVE ME A COMMENT with the link. MAXIMUM 1 tweet/RT per hour please! (1 entry PER tweet/RT)
6) Follow my Freebie Fairy giveaway & product review website PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (in the right hand sidebar of The Freebie Fairy website) and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (1 entry)
7) Grab my Gluten Free Taste of Home button and display it on your website/blog (copy the html code in the side bar of my Gluten Free Taste of Home website and paste the code into your website), and LEAVE ME A COMMENT telling me you did it. (1 entry)
*GIVEAWAY OPEN TO US ONLY*
Giveaway ends on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. PST (late entries will not be posted). Winners will be selected by random.org. Winners will be notified by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond before new winners are selected.
*REMEMBER... please leave your e-mail address with EACH entry so I can contact you if you win.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I was not compensated for this review; I received a complimentary Better Batter Complete Sampler for review purposes courtesy of Better Batter. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Best of luck!